​Wind Happens. Know What Your Insurance Covers

Your insurance representative can confirm the coverage in your current policy. Typically, you can expect the following:

  1. Damage to homes caused by hail, wind, snow or rain is usually covered. This includes:
    1.      Losses caused by flying debris or falling branches or trees.
    2.      Losses to your home and contents from water or snow entering through sudden openings caused by wind or hail.
  2. Damage to vehicles from wind, hail, ice or water is usually covered if comprehensive coverage on your auto insurance has been purchased. This coverage is not mandatory, so check your policy.
  3. Damage to mobile homes or trailers from wind may be covered. As policy wordings vary, it’s best to ask your insurance representative for more information.
  4. In certain circumstances, homeowners who are unable to live in their homes because of insurable damage may be entitled to additional living expenses.
Posted: 2018-04-03 11:24:44 AM

Blog post currently doesn't have any comments.
 Security code