Congratulations to Dennis "Tink" Howden for winning the 2019 Lifetime Achievement Award at the Caledonia Regional Chamber of Commerce Business Achievement Awards Night.
This year’s Lifetime Achievement Award individual is no stranger to the Caledonia community having moved to Caledonia over 30 years ago. This person quickly cemented themselves in the business and people communities. This person is a tireless contributor to the many events through-out the town and a wonderful liaison with our town council.
As a Lions Club member since 1987 and a past president more than once, he is as consistent and steadfast as the Lions Club Motto “We Serve”.
It’s in this capacity that this year’s Lifetime achievement award winner (Dennis “Tink” Howden) stands above, not only because of his Lion’s involvement but the integration of the great surrounding community and often drawing others to Serve and Volunteer to make us all stronger.
Some organizations and events that he has been involved with are:
- - Board Member on the Haldimand/Norfolk Crime Stoppers
- - Territory Director on the Insurance Brokers Association of Ontario advocating for consumer rights
- - Member of the Chambers Edinburgh Cup planning committee and responsible for coordinating long list of adult and student volunteers
- - Integral to the rally and ongoing partnership with the county and the New Caledonia Lions Community Centre
- - Involvement with the Active Lives campaign to build double rinks and Library
- - Organized the Haldimand Insurance Brokers Association Golf Tournament for the past 20 years helping bring other Insurance brokers together to raise funds for the community and Insurance awareness
- - Involvement with Grand River Gymmies during the start up days
- - The many…many…many….many …. Lions events throughout the year
One could say that it’s his positive social interest that is at the forefront of his day-to-day. Allowing many to be a part of something better thereby making our community stronger.
All this is done while co-owning a successful Insurance Brokerage in Jarvis and Caledonia, ensuring that Haldimand’s customers receive the utmost care and protection. Continually advocating the government and Insurance companies on behalf of his customers for fair Insurance rates and products.
He impresses the importance of volunteerism with his staff providing them with volunteer time to focus on their own activities within the community.
Please join me in Congratulating Dennis “Tink” Howden in receiving this years Lifetime Achievement Award.