Get a Quote

Did You Know?

  • Combining your home/condo/tenants insurance with your auto insurance could save you hundreds of dollars. Speak to a Haldimand Insurance broker today to learn more.
  • Condo Insurance

    A condo, also known as a condominium, is a housing or residential complex in which there are separate units, with each unit being owned by an individual. When someone rents a condo, they're renting directly from the condominium owner.  While it’s not the same as owning a home, your condo policy will protect you from; damage to your personal property, improvements you make to the condo, liability coverage in case you accidently injure someone or damage their property and additional living expenses.

    Your condominium corporation’s insurance typically covers:
    • The building and common property such as hallways, stairs, roof, pools, garages, driveways, etc.
    • Fixtures built or installed as part of the original or standard construction such as floor and wall coverings, electrical and plumbing fixtures. Some condominium corporations have specific definitions for what is considered an “original” or “standard” unit.
    • Condominium assets such as furniture, equipment, etc.
    • Liability for claims of property damage and bodily injury suffered by others that occur on common property.
    As a unit owner, your condominium unit owner’s policy typically covers:
    • Your personal property such as clothing, appliances and furniture as well as items stored in your locker.
    • Additional living expenses, over and above the normal cost of living, in the event of an insured loss.
    • Your personal liability for any bodily injury or property damage unintentionally caused to others.
    There are all different shapes and sizes of condos, but no matter if it’s high-rise or low-rise, Haldimand Insurance Brokers has the experience and knowledge to provide you with personalized and competitively priced condo insurance package.